Northwestern Polytechnical University is China’s only research-oriented, multi-disciplinary, and international university of science and technology, which simultaneously excels at Aeronautics, Astronautics, and Marine Engineering. The University emphasizes science and technology, while harmoniously developing the fields of management, humanities, economics, and law.
The predecessors of Northwestern Polytechnical University were the State Northwestern Engineering College (formed by Beiyang Engineering College, Engineering College of Peking University, Engineering College of Northeast University and Jiaozuo Engineering College in 1938), and Huadong Aeronautical College (formed by the Aeronautical Engineering Department of Jiaotong University, Aeronautical Engineering Department of Nanjing University, and Aeronautical Engineering Department of Zhejiang University in 1952). State Northwestern Engineering College and Huadong Aeronautical College joined to become the Northwestern Polytechnical University in 1957. In 1970 the Air Force Engineering Department of Harbin Military Engineering College was merged into NPU.
During the “Seventh Five-year Plan”(1986-1990) and the “Eighth Five-year Plan” (1991-1995), NPU was one of the 15 universities for key construction by the State Council. In the “Ninth Five-year Plan” (1996-2000) period, it was one of the first universities to be funded by Project 211, and it was one of the national key constructions of Project 985 during the “Tenth Five-year Plan” (2001-2005). It is also one of the first Chinese universities that have set up Graduate Schools and University Science Parks.
NORTHWESTERN POLYTECHNICAL UNIVERSITY is located in Xi ‘An (Shanxi Province) is a world famous ancient city and is also former Capital of China, One of the birth places of Chinese Nation and ancient city of three thousand years old history. The university now has 25000 students, including 3100 PhD’s 6100 master’s 15200 undergraduates and 2900 overseas students. Since the year 1938 in which the university was setup, it has produced many glorious number ones in China. They are as follows:
- More than 30 PhD’s have won the Humboldt research fellowship. This is the No.1 among all Chinese universities.
- The No. 1 pilot air plane in China was invented in this university.
- The No.1 airborne computer in China was invented in this university.
- The No. 1 low speed wing model wind tunnel in Asia was set up in this university.
- The No. 1 space material laboratory was made in this university.
- Recognized By Saudi Ministry of Education. The link is below:
- Recognized By U.A.E Ministry of Education.
- National key university of” 211″ project, 985 Project.
- Directly under Central Education Ministry of Beijing.
- It has 29th number in the list of top 100 universities of China. The link is below:
Another Link: http://top.at0086.com/university/2011/top100.html
- In world ranking list it comes on 976 Number and in country ranking is on 61 N The link is below: