SICHUAN University is on the approval Status of the following Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO)
General Medical Council, UK (GMC)
Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
China Medical Council
Indian Medical Council
Bangladesh Medical Council
Saudi Medical Council (www.mohe.edu.sa)
And many more
A Tour of Sichuan University!
Sichuan University is one of China’s key universities under the direct supervision of Ministry of Education. Located in West China, it is identified as a key high-level comprehensive research university under Project 985 and Project 211.
Sichuan University is actually the product of a series of mergers involving 3 national universities: the former Sichuan University, the former Chengdu University of Science and Technology, and the former West China University of Medical Sciences.
A key university directly subordinated to the State Ministry of Health. On Sept.29, 2001, the MOE and the Sichuan Peoples Government signed an agreement for the co-construction of the University.12 first-level doctor and master programs; 96 second-level doctor programs, 162 master programs and 6 specialized degree programs in business administration, engineering, law, clinical medicine, stomatology and public health.
It has a total student population of over 70,000, including 29,408 full-time undergraduates, 10,021 graduates (2,125 doctor students), 21,449 adult education students, 14,730 long-distance students and 598 students from abroad and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. It has 104 undergraduate majors covering human arts, social science, sciences, engineering, technology, medicine, etc.
* It is one of the 30 medical universities (out of 120) which has been authorized and qualified by Ministry of Education, China to enroll overseas students in English medium for the MBBS course.
* It ranks third among all 118 medical institutions of China.
* It is one of the 8 key medical universities in China.
* This university has “Evidence Based Medical Center” or cochrane center which is the only one in Asia and one of the 15 in the world.
There are only thirteen main centers all over the world.
* It’s one of the three Medical Universities (including Beijing and Shanghai Medical Universities of China which is to be developed into World Class University by Chinese Central Government.
i.e. It’s the University of Chinese Central Government’s “211 Project”.
* This medical institution is a member of IIME( Institute for International Medical Education).
* It is a member of ‘INCLEN’ (International Clinical Epidemiology Network).
* This university is a member of International network of universities
* It has signed 42 co-operative agreements with reputed universities and medical institutions from USA,Canada,UK,Germany,Holland,Japan,Finland, Taiwan, Hong Kong , Australia, etc.
* WHO, UNICEF, The Rockefeller Foundation(USA), The Health Foundation (USA), and The China Medical Board of New York have supported the university.
* There are 5 affiliated university hospitals (First University Hospital, Second University Hospital, Third University Hospital, Fourth University Hospital and Hospital of Stomatology) and 14 other teaching hospitals.
* The First university hospital is one of the single largest general hospitals in China with 4000 beds and has been awarded as the “Class A hospital of the highest grade” in China.
* The Second university hospital is the first specialized hospital to be awarded
as the “Class A hospital of the highest grade” in China. It is a women and children hospital.
* The International hospital of this university is the only official international hospital in South West region.
* The Hospital of Stomatology is regarded as the cradle of modern Stomatology in China.
* WCCMS teaches 14 disciplines to undergraduates, offers 40 Masters Degree program,30 Doctoral degree programs and 7 post doctoral programs.
* It has 2 state level key disciplines and key labs of ministry of health,12 research institutes,3 research centers and 28 research units.
* Every year the university sends more than 200 faculties to USA and Canada for education and training.
* This medical institution has won 243 ministerial and provincial prizes with 19 patent rights.
* 1700 research papers were published out of which 600 were published in international journals.
* It has topped the list of Sichuan Scientific progress awards for institutes of higher learning for 6 years in succession.
PROGRAMS OFFERED IN ENGLISH:
Dentistry of Sichuan University is considered the best in China.
Tuition fee: RMB 35000/annum
Application fee: RMB 600.
Hostel fee;- RMB 5400/annum
Course duration: 5 years.
The college provides hostel to the international students. Two persons share a room with air conditioner, attached bathroom, color TV, telephone, bed with required amenities and furniture, free hot drinking— water heater, refrigerator, public laundry and kitchen, Internet access. Students are required to pay the electricity and water they used.
SCU is located in Chengdu, a culturally and historically noticeable city, adjacent to the Jinjiang River and its tributary Jiang’an River. The University consists of 3 Campuses of Wangjiang, Huaxi and Jiang’an, covering an area of over 7,000 Chinese mu (about 4.7 km2), with a total floorage of more than 2.7 million square meters. SCU is the ideal place for academic studies and researches with the campuses set in agreeable environments of green p