Liberal Arts Study in China
Liberal Arts Study in China:
What is a Liberal Arts Education?
A liberal arts education refers to college studies that provide general knowledge and develop intellectual ability. This type of education can prepare you for many fields in today’s workplace.
Liberal Arts Education Benefits
- Prepares students to work in a variety of jobs. This is different from other types of education where students develop professional or vocational skills for a specific job.
- Degree is appealing to employers. Employers like liberal arts graduates because they have the skills necessary to adapt in a changing workplace. Employers desire transferable skills (skills employees take with them to any job) typical of a liberal arts education. These include written and verbal communication skills and the ability to solve complex problems and work well with others.
- Provides an excellent foundation for graduate study in health care, law, business, or other fields. Graduate schools look for candidates who will succeed in graduate-level study. Students with a liberal arts background are appealing, because they demonstrate an ability to learn across a diverse field of studies.
- Creates graduates who are equipped with the skills to become valuable community members. The value of a liberal arts education goes far beyond its economic value. Graduates understand problems, generate solutions, and communicate those solutions to others. In many ways, a liberal arts education is education for life. It prepares graduates who can adapt and thrive in an ever-changing world.
Liberal Arts Resources
10 Ways to Market Your Liberal Arts Degree
This article will give you some ideas of how to market yourself to employers as a liberal-arts graduate.
Liberal Arts Education Prepares Students for Work and Life
Learn why a liberal arts education is valuable and marketable in today’s society, according to the Minnesota Private College Council (MPCC).
Liberal Arts Skills That Are Most Useful in Careers
A short list of the most useful skills gained by liberal arts graduates.
What is Liberal Education?
Defines liberal education’s approach to learning. Describes often-confused terms. Provides a comparison of essential learning outcomes for 20th and 21st century learners.
Liberal Arts Majors
- Education and training
- Health science
- Human services
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics