Hospitality Tourism Management
Chinese Universities offering Hospitality Program in English
South China University of Technology
Hospitality management is the academic study of the hospitality industry. A degree in Hospitality management is often conferred from either a university college dedicated to the studies of hospitality management or a business school with a department in hospitality management studies. Degrees in hospitality management may also be referred to as hotel management, hotel and tourism management, or hotel administration. Degrees conferred in this academic field include Bachelors of Arts, Bachelors of Business Administration, Bachelors of Science, Masters of Science, MBA, and Doctorate of Philosophy.
Hospitality management studies provides a focus on management of hospitality operations including hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, amusement parks, destination marketing organizations, convention centers, country clubs, and related industries.
Hospitality degree-specific coursework normally includes:
- Restaurant Management (Examples: Management of Food and Beverage Operations, Food Science, Food Selection and Preparation, Food and Beverage Cost Control)
- Lodging Operations (Examples: Lodging Management, Hotel Operations, Resort Timeshare Management, Reservation Sales and Marketing, Hospitality Physical Plant)
- Global Tourism (Examples: Tourism Management, Airline Industry, Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Research Methods)
- Attractions Management (Examples: Theme Park Management, Entertainment Arts)
- Event Management (Examples: Event Industry, Catering Management, Hospitality Marketing Management)
- Food Preparation (Examples: Basic Food Preparation, Food Sanitation, Beer and Wine Labs)
Many hospitality programs require concurrent field experience within the industry in the form of internships or co-operative placements.
In Philippines, Hospitality and Tourism curriculum are Emerging Studies in Philippine Education, It is called as Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BS-HRM). It follows the American curriculum of the Hospitality Management which Includes: Culinary Arts, Business Administration, Public Relations, Marketing, Tourism Management, Accounting and Human Resources Studies. The Philippine Women’s University, Lyceum of the Philippines University, and De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde are considered top Hotel and Restaurant Management undergraduate Campuses in Philippines. The Philippine Women’s University and Enderun Colleges offers Associate and Post-Graduate Courses in Hospitality Management.